Enjoy a Fresh Pineapple Mojito made with rum, lime, mint leaves and homemade pineapple simple syrup. It's easy to make this refreshing classic cocktail. This tropical mixed drink is like a taste of summer.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Bacardi. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
You may enjoy mojitos when you go out to restaurants, but they are really easy to make at home.
This famous cocktail from Cuba has become very popular worldwide in recent years.
And you only need a few basic ingredients to make them.
I like to use Bacardi white rum in my mojitos.
Bacardi is also perfect for using in other drinks such as rum punch, daiquiri, and pina colada.
They even make different flavors of rum such as Banana.
Mojitos are great for entertaining since most people enjoy these tropical beverages and they go well with food.
If you want to learn more about this popular cocktail, check outHistory of the Mojito: How Ernest Hemingway's Favorite Cuban Drink Became an Artisanal Latin Staple.
What to serve with mojitos
I love mojitos with all sorts of different foods.
You can make a DIY Taco Bar with Jackfruit Black Bean Taco Filling and sip them by the pool or on the patio.
Everyone will be happy when they're eating chips with guacamole and salsa and delicious tacos while sipping a fresh pineapple mojito.
Or serve them the next time you're making some Vegan Grilling Recipes.
What goes in a pineapple mojito?
A mojito is traditionally made with white rum, sugar, lime, mint, and soda water.
For this pineapple version, we'll be making a simple syrup to sweeten the beverage made from chopped fresh pineapple, coconut sugar, and water.
You can make the syrup ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to use.
Typically I only use a little sugar, but the amount depends on how sweet your pineapple is.
How to make a pineapple mojito
After you prepare the pineapple simple syrup, preparing your fruity cocktail is quick and easy.
- Place lime wedges, pineapple chunks, and mint leaves in a tall glass.
- Muddle them to release their flavors.
- Add the pineapple syrup and rum.
- Stir to combine.
- Add ice cubes and soda water.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and enjoy!
More pineapple recipes
If you have leftover fruit, try these other delicious recipes:
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Pineapple Green Smoothie
- Black Bean Pineapple Salad
- Cranberry Pineapple Smoothie
Or make some more mojitos!
Pineapple Mojito Recipe
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Fresh Pineapple Mojito
- 2 wedges lime
- 2 chunks pineapple
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 ½ ounces rum
- 1 ½ ounces pineapple simple syrup, (recipe follows)
- club soda, (soda water)
- pineapple wedges, for garnish (optional)
Pineapple simple syrup:
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped (can use a blender)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar, (or more, to taste)
- 1 cup water
To make the pineapple simple syrup:
- Simmer the 1 cup chopped pineapple, coconut sugar, and water over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add more coconut sugar to achieve desired level of sweetness.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make a mojito:
- In a tall glass, add the lime, pineapple chunks, and mint leaves. Muddle a few times to release the flavors.
- Add the pineapple simple syrup and rum.
- Give it a stir.
- Add ice cubes to fill the glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a wedge of pineapple, if desired. Enjoy!