Peanut Sauce Tofu is delicious and quick to make. It's vegan and gluten-free, and is made with simple ingredients. Brown your tofu, add the sauce, and you'll have dinner ready in under 30 minutes!
I love peanut sauce!Some of my favorite ways to enjoy it are inPeanut Butter Noodles and with spring rolls.
And I really love this Peanut Sauce Tofu!
This recipe is inspired by a dish I frequently order at my local Thai restaurant.
My version may not be as authentic, but I really enjoy it.
Plus you only need a little coconut oil to pan-fry the tofu, so I feel better about eating it.
If you have an air fryer, you could use it to make the tofu crispy, then transfer it to a pan and add the sauce.
The restaurant also serves the tofu over sauteed spinach, but I like it with fresh baby spinach.
The warm tofu slightly wilts the leaves.
But if you prefer your spinach cooked more, you can add it to the pan after the tofu is browned.
And the fat from the Peanut Sauce Tofu helps the body absorb the nutrients from the spinach.
This is another reason why I love drinking Peanut Butter Green Smoothies.
Spinach is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals.
It's full of vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, copper, iron, and more.
Making Peanut Sauce Tofu couldn't be easier:
Mix the sauce ingredients together using a spoon or an immersion blender.
Brown the tofu on both sides in a skillet.
Turn off the heat and stir in the sauce.
Serve with spinach and rice!
Now let's make Peanut Sauce Tofu!
Peanut Sauce Tofu
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- fresh baby spinach
- cooked rice
- Press the tofu to remove the excess water. I like to use an EZ Tofu Press.
- Combine the Peanut Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Or add the ingredients to the cup of an immersion blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the pressed tofu into triangles or cubes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu in a single layer, being careful not to crowd the pan. You may need to work in two batches. Brown the tofu, flip each piece, and brown on the other side.
- Turn off the heat. If you worked in batches, add all the tofu back to the pan. Pour the Peanut Sauce over the tofu and toss to combine until each piece is coated.
- Add the spinach to a serving plate. Top the spinach with the tofu and serve with rice.