Vegan Potato Corn Chowder is a delicious creamy soup that's made in the Instant Pot. It's gluten-free, dairy-free, and oil-free, and easy to make with simple ingredients. This hearty comforting meal is like a hug in a bowl.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot recipe
I love making soup in my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
Not only is it faster, but you can walk away and do other things rather than watching a pot on the stove.
I admit I've been pretty obsessed with Vegan Wild Rice Soup.
In fact, I don't mind eating it every week.
But since I thought my family might get tired of it eventually, I decided to create another Instant Pot creamy soup recipe.
So now on the weeks I'm not enjoying Wild Rice Soup, I'm eating Vegan Potato Corn Chowder!
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder ingredients
All the ingredients needed to make this vegetable chowder may already be in your kitchen!
This soup is built on common ingredients such as onion, garlic, potatoes, and frozen corn.
And both potatoes and corn are part of a wholesome plant-based Mediterranean diet.
And there's no need to peel them either.
Not only does this save time, but potatoes with their skin contain extra nutrients and fiber.
Here's what you'll need for the chowder:
- Bay leaf
- Dried thyme
- Vegetable broth
- Frozen corn
- Raw cashews
- Salt and pepper
(If you want to preserve some of your summer corn so you can use it in recipes like this soup, check out how to blanch and freeze fresh corn from Food Love!)
How to make Vegan Potato Corn Chowder
Follow a few easy steps, and you'll be enjoying this delicious soup in no time!
1. Using the Saute function, add the onion with a little water and saute for a couple of minutes until the onion is soft.
2. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, then add the carrots and celery.
3. Once the vegetables are slightly soft, hit the cancel button. Then add the potatoes, bay leaf, and dried thyme to the Instant Pot.
4. Add in the vegetable broth, and give the mixture a stir. Close the lid, push the manual button, and set the timer for 4 minutes.
5. Once the 4 minutes are up, quick release the pressure. Take this time to process the cashews and water in your blender to make the cashew cream. Once the pressure is released, open the lid.
6. Add the defrosted frozen corn to the soup.
7. Pour in the cashew cream.
8. Stir well, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve. Or you can keep it on the warm function until you're ready to eat the potato corn chowder.
More comforting soup recipes
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder is a great warming one-pot meal that the whole family will love.
And if you're looking for more cozy soup recipes that are quick to make, check out these favorites:
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder Recipe
This recipe makes 6 servings. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and reheated on the stove or in the microwave.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! â
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder (Instant Pot)
- Push the saute button on the Instant Pot. Add the onion and a splash of water. Saute for a couple of minutes until the onion is slightly soft.
- Then add the garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Next add the carrots and celery. Saute for another few minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Press the cancel button. Add the potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, and vegetable broth to the Instant Pot.
- Give the ingredients a stir to combine. Then close the lid.
- Press the manual (pressure cook) button and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cashews and water in a high-speed blender to make the cashew cream. Blend until completely smooth.
- Once the 4 minutes is up, quick release the pressure by turning the valve. Once the pressure has been released, remove the lid.
- Add the corn to the soup and stir.
- Then pour in the cashew cream and stir the soup to combine.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, and enjoy.